GLOSSARY OF TERMS
- To bring back a deleted item. Also an Undelete program.
Originally devised as part of utility packages such
as Norton and PC Tools, it is now standard with all
- This allows users to go back one or more steps
to return to the state a document or other work
was in before an operation was carried out.
Uninterruptable Power Supply:
- (UPS) This is a battery standby power supply that will
allow a user to save work and shut down a system should
the main power fail.
- (You-Nicks) A command-line operating system
developed by AT&T in the early 1970s. Linux was
developed from it.
- To transfer data to a serveror portable computer
- All the features of a program or system that govern
the manner by which people interact with it.
- A program that improves the operability of a computer
system or provides additional features.
Advance to: Glossary Terms `V'
Revert to: Glossary Terms `T'
Return to the: Glossary Main Page